Sunday, July 10, 2016

George W. Bush's Space Program

Welcome back to my blog about balloons, rocket ships, airplanes, space travel, Star Wars, sci-fi, and everything about flying! Sorry about the lapse in posting. I took some gruff from a bigger boy on the playground about my enjoyment of rockets and I decided I hated rockets. Then I learned to ignore him after I found out he loves bull frogs. They say he even has bull frogs on his underwear... That is fine and it is fine I like rockets. I don't think I ever hated them.

So it has been awhile since I looked up anything about rocket ships, so I started looking up what replaced the space shuttle. I knew from my father that George W. was a nitwit, but when I was searching about a new space shuttle I found out my dad was right.

When he was president he stopped the development of the Lockhead Martin X-33 space shuttle replacement for a cold war Apollo 13 alternative called the Orion. Here are the photos of both ships.

X-33 Futuristic
Orion Apollo Retro





























What do you think? This is what I had expected by now.

Space 1999 Eagle Ship














Or at least this!

Flash Gordon Ship from the 50's

Well here are the links about the various rocket ships. Below your welcome to post your favorite rocket ship and if you think we will ever use it.

Orion: NASA website.
X-33: Wikipedia Entry.
Eagle Transporter: Wikipedia Entry.
Flash Gordon: Wikipedia Entry.

~Max

To find out more about me visit Salem House Press and buy my book on Amazon.com! Now available in paperback at your favorite book sellers. Ask for it by name! If they do not have it in stock, ask them to order it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment